Cervalis’ brand new Connecticut Operation center is located in Fairfield County, Connecticut approximately 45 miles from NYC. The new facility will house a 170,000 square foot operations center and will accommodate customers who demand customized high availability, high power density data center and business continuity solutions. The facility will provide colocation, cloud computing, managed hosting, and business continuity/rapid recovery, services on a 24x365 basis.
The new data center will have 50,000 square feet of raised floor data center space, with 16 MW of utility power and 3,500 tons of cooling capacity, enabling Cervalis to support high power density configurations. The 50,000 square feet of business recovery space is customizable to meet client’s specific requirements for dedicated office recovery suites linked to their critical IT operations. Utility power will be delivered to the building from two providers utilizing three different utility substations. Customer configurations will be powered by 2N UPS systems and the entire facility will be supported by N+1 generator backup redundancy. The facility is designed to have no single points of failure and the infrastructure combines multiple levels of technology and security.
Features of the new operations center, currently in development, include:
- 168,000 square feet. total facility space
- 50,000 square feet of data center space with 36” raised floor
- 50,000 square feet of office space for work area recovery seats
- 14 MW from the utilities to support high power density configurations
- 3 separate power feeds from two separate utility providers
- 24 UPS units of 750 KVA each in a 2N configuration(100% redundancy)
- 8 generator sets of 2MW with N+1 redundancy
- 3500 Tons of cooling capacity
- Carrier neutral with at least 8 different Tier 1 and Tier 2 carriers
Click here to see our construction progress.
Cervalis is a leading provider of IT Infrastructure Solutions which include Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery, Managed Hosting, Managed Storage, Managed Security, Cloud Computing and Colocation. Cervalisí high-availability, world-class data centers are SSAE16, PCI, and Cybertrust certified annually, offering clients the highest levels of security, protection and reliability.